We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid GoAirLink!

São Paulo, SP...
2 posts
Save Topic
Avoid GoAirLink!

Booked a trip with GoAirLink for April 21, from the Hudson Hotel to Newark International Airport, and while making the reservation specifically informed them that ours was a party of 4 (four) adults taking 8 (eight) bags with us.

However, when their van arrived at our hotel, the driver - besides being extremely rude to my brother-in-law and his wife -, simply refused to allow us to carry them, saying that there was no space available - in light of that, we had to make other (expensive) arrangements to take us to the airport. He also made disparaging remarks about the shopping habits of Brazilian tourists (as ourselves), which I found personally offensive, as these same habits are - one must assume - important to the economy of New York.

Anyway, the following day (April 22) I did file a request for a complete refund of the value we paid (US$ 72.00), as we were in full compliance with our reservation request (4 adults, 8 bags), and their driver simply refused us the service we had paid for.

Got no response from them...

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid GoAirLink!

I doubt you'll ever get a response from them - they are a terrible company.

They have a horrible reputation and we recommend strongly against them all the time.

At least you weren't in a crash with them.

For four people, it would have been more economical to pre-arrange a sedan with Dial 7, All State or even Carmel. These are three reputable car service companies that provide private transfers. Private transfers are less costly than four individual tickets in a shared ride van.

Go AirLink and Super Shuttle in NYC are notorious and should be avoided.

São Paulo, SP...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid GoAirLink!

I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB, but seriously doubt it'll help - what I WILL do from now on is to warn other folks, by whatever means available, to steer clear of them.

Anyway, thanks for the tip - hope to visit NY again soon, and try it.

Have a great day!

Edited: 10 May 2012, 13:41
UK
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid GoAirLink!

Avoid Avoid Avoid!

We also had terrible service from Go air link, we had to wait over an hour in Newark airport for a pickup at half 11 at night. When the driver finally arrived he decided to take two extra passengers who were waiting for another company to pick them up...nice? well there wasnt enough room! The shuttle bus was tiny and the seat belts didnt work! Surely that against the law and when you see how they drive in New York its life threatening. As we booked through expedia we printed the voucher and were advised to ring the go airlink office 24 hours before we wanted picking up to arrange our return back to the airport. However the number on the bottom of the voucher didnt work from New York. We tried every dial code and combination possible and couldnt get through. I had to ring expedia who transfered me through to the go airlink office. I was passed to 5 different people and cut off 4 times and had to go back through expedia 4 times! Eventually I spoke to someone who advised me they would pick us up at 3.05am for our 7.45am flight from Newark to Heathrow. The driver arrived half an hour late at half 3 and we drove round for an hour and a half picking up other passengers before even heading to the airport!

All in all dont use this company, I would have rather paid double to a local taxi driver and got better and quicker service with less stress!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid GoAirLink!

1) Dispute the charge with your credit card company

2) File a complaint with the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs

nyc.gov/html/…complaint.shtml

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid GoAirLink!

We also had bad service from GoAirLink! Our driver, after having picked up a whole shuttle bus worth of people then asked us all which terminal's we were leaving from and what time we needed to be at the airport. It was 2.30pm at this point. One group said that they had a flight at 5pm and the driver swore and then proceeded to try and extort us for more money, claiming that if we wanted to get to the airport quicker then we would need to pay the toll. None of us were inclined to pay any more on top of what we had already paid so away we went (the long way!). Along the way I noticed in the rear view mirror that the driver was looking incredibly sleepy and his blinks were getting longer and longer. At one point I could see that his eyes were closed and that we were beginning to drift towards the concrete barrier in the middle of the road and so I grabbed his shoulder and asked if he was ok. He told us that he had been up since 3am and that this was his last trip of the day and that he was tired. I spent the rest of the drive hyper-vigilant watching the driver like a hawk!! He was rude and obviously overworked.

We would have been better off just catching cab. It may have cost a few bucks more but it would have been much quicker and safer!!!

Avoid GoAirLink like the plague.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,393 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoid GoAirLink!

I am glad you made your trip safely. Shuttle services are never recommended. THe model just doesn't work in NYC. In terms of the driver being overworked--a 12 hour shift is not the end of the world, Many cabbies, medical workers, police etc. do it. THe trick is to sleep when you get off shift. I would bet that this driver doesn't. If he is exhausted it is his own fault. I am sure the other passengers thank you for your vigilance. ( even if they don't realize what happened)

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoid GoAirLink!

Now you see why we say Go AirLink is dangerous. They have had some bad crashes - really scary. One of their crashes was right outside Radio City Music Hall

8. Re: Avoid GoAirLink!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 07:19