We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room for 4

Dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Room for 4

Hi am wondering what are the most spacious Hotel Bedrooms for four people in NYC we don't mind sharing double beds as we are on a quick visit in November.

Thanks

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room for 4

Is this a family or 2 couples...

Dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room for 4

Family

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room for 4

There are suite hotels where you could get a 1 bedroom suite with 2 doubles or 2 queens in the bedroom and a sofabed for 2 in the living room. Some of those also have 2 bedroom suites. There are plenty of hotels with rooms with 2 double beds and some with 2 queen beds. Hampton Inn Times Square North and Hilton Garden Inn Times Square have good sized rooms with 2 queens (like your kings). Courtyard Midtown East has 2 queens plus a sofabed in some of their rooms.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room for 4

Affinia Manhattan may work for you too. They have larger rooms with 2 Queen beds and sofa bed .

Also Grand Hyatt next to Grand central have rooms to sleep 4 but the rooms are less spacious than the ones we have been in at any of the Affinia group hotels.

If you are there to shop, Affinia Manhattan is very close to Macy's.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room for 4

The Hyatt is the last place I'd pick for a room for 4.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room for 4

5*

If you want to enhance your experience NY Palace (a 5* hotel in midtown & a NYC icon) is showing decent rates with two double beds in Nov. w/ free cancelation on www.booking.com -

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d126260-…

4*

If you want larger room (but two Double beds) Affinina Shelburne seems to be showing good prices.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93543-R…

3*

If you want larger beds (2 Queen Size beds) Hampton Inn- Seaport seems to be showing good rates (with breakfast) for random dates in Nov.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d277882-…

3* Apartment style

BW hospitality house is an apt. building converted to a hotel so you get quite a bit of room-

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d80087-R…

If you post your budget and dates-it will be easier for others to help-

Good Luck & Enjoy

Edited: 16 May 2012, 01:54
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,982 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room for 4

MTI -- I've stayed in two different rooms at the Affinia Shelburne. A one bedroom suite (with two beds) and a guest room (with two beds) and both times I got two queen sized beds. I don't knw if they have queen-sized beds in all the room, but this was my experience.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room for 4

NYWhiz - Interested to hear why you think 4 at the Hyatt is a no-no. We had 3 in our room no problem. Rooms were large enough for 4 but as with anywhere one bathroom for 4 women is less than ideal. We were out shopping most of the time. I have stayed in larger rooms but it was fine for 3 of us.

Affinia Manhattan is the most convenient for my needs though as its close to Macys but I would consider the Hyatt for our next girls trip if the price is right.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 22:34
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Room for 4

It said "large doubles" on the web site I was kind of surprised myself- the pictures look like queen size beds, maybe they only promise large doubles-but usually give you queen size (Maybe a large double is a queen size-I'm not 100% sure what a "large double" is).

It is good that the O.P. knows Affinia Shelburne is usually a good deal for larger room & 4 people (& you now get a true testimonial from someone) from the post it seems like room size is more important than bed size-but you will get both here it seems.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Room for 4

My family of 4 has stayed at the Grand Hyatt a couple of times. The room is small but enough space for the limited time we spent in there. The only negative I have to it is the bathroom. It is super tiny!! I absolutely LOVE the location of it for walking anywhere in midtown or getting the subway easily to go anywhere else. With that said, if the budget allows, I would opt for one of the suites or apartment style hotels mentioned above.