We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BYOB Restaurants

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
140 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
BYOB Restaurants

Hi All

I have found this list of BYOB restaurants on Opentable.com

www.opentable.com/promo.aspx…

I just want to check that means the same in NYC as it would at home :) - which is bring your own bottle of wine, and they will open it and serve it to you free of charge??

Thanks - just don't want to walk into a restaurant with a bottle in my hand and be laughed at :)

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BYOB Restaurants

Some of them seem to have free corkage nights which indicates to me that the other nights are not free corkage. If you like a particular one, you should check the corkage policy.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BYOB Restaurants

Agree. Don't assume they're all free corkage all the time.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
140 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BYOB Restaurants

OK, Thanks.

But if ti says like "Monday Free Corkage" at Aureole for example, it means buy a bottle in a store, bring it to the restaurant and you can enjoy it with your meal at no charge from the restaurant??

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BYOB Restaurants

Yes. Aureole is a free BYOB on Monday nights with no corkage charge. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BYOB Restaurants

Add Nook to your BYOB list. Nook, as it name implies, is TINY! The menu is nice, priced very reasonably and you'll get some good home cooking. Want to take a look at the kitchen? No problem, you'll need to go through it to get to the bathroom.

I'm rather fond of this tiny little place. I love BYOB spots. Here's the menu:

www.menupages.com/restaurants/nook/menu

Also, make a rezzie as it fills quickly.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BYOB Restaurants

Since BYO is no charge, bring something worthwhile that's drinkable with your meal. Take a look at the website and see what they have.

Dinner charliepalmer.com/Properties/…

The wine list http://www.ewinebook.com/aureoleny?web

If you're having fish, think in terms of a white (sorry for the generalization).

If you're having meat, bring something red.

Most wine geeks (me) will tell you that picking the right wine with your dinner will enhance it.

Head to a local wine shop and don't be afraid to ask questions. Sales people in the better shops aim to please, as long as you ask them to participate in the process. Remember, the $30 you spend in the shop will be equal to a $75 bottle on the list (varies by restaurant).

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BYOB Restaurants

BYOB does not mean by definition that it will be free to open--- please don't get upset if the place you bring it to does charge--- I would say free opening is more the exception than the rule here.

8. Re: BYOB Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:15