We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breaking Bad

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Breaking Bad

My sons (and I) are huge fans of this TV show and as luck would have it, Series 4 is released on DVD the day I get to New York. We have a multi region DVD player here so I would like to bring a copy home.

For the first night I'm staying on Park Ave South and returning later in the week and staying in MIdtown near Central Park. Where would I find the best selection of newly released DVDs in either of these areas?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breaking Bad

Try searching for Best Buy. Their stores always have the new releases and there are several around Manhattan.

Good Luck,

Cyndi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breaking Bad

You would probably get a better price online.

If your hotel accepts packages (and many will) I would consider buying online and having it sent to your hotel.

I have done this several times.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breaking Bad

Thanks for both of those suggestions. Amazon is showing a better price than Best Buy. I had thought of having it sent to my hotel but was a bit nervous about it getting there in time. There's a Best Buy on 5th Ave about ten blocks from my hotel. I might investigate if I can get a copy reserved at that store or sent there for me.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breaking Bad

Another possibility might be a Barnes & Noble book store.

Enjoy Season 4. I had the pleasure of interviewing Giancarlo Esposito (Gus). Terrific show.

Edited: 18 May 2012, 14:01
Manchester UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breaking Bad

Kudos Voyagereuse. I am speechless with admiration. Wonderful character.

We only just got Season 3 here and watched the whole thing back to back.

I will bear Barnes and Noble in mind.

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breaking Bad

Another option with Best Buy, in order to make sure that you get a copy, is to purchase it online at their site and select the option to pick it up in one of the stores rather than having is shipped.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breaking Bad

That will probably be the best way dbh2. If you pre-order, it is available from the day of release. I'll be late in that day but could pick up the following morning from the Best Buy in flat iron district which is only a few blocks from my hotel. Problem solved! Thanks to everyone

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breaking Bad

If amazon is cheaper, why would u just not buy it there? I'm confused!

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breaking Bad

To ensure delivery before I leave, I would have to add a two day shipping fee onto Amazon price which ends up making Best Buy (incl. free delivery to a store) $2 cheaper but more importantly, it is made available for pick up on the actual day of release which is my arrival day.

staten island
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breaking Bad

Try here- http://www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?Ntt=breaking+bad

They are by the the entrance of the Brooklyn Bridge in lower Manhattan. You can find pretty good deals there.