We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

Boston...
2 posts
Save Topic
Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

Hi,

I'm planning to visit NYC over the weekend. Any recommendations/suggestions on a good place for Sunday's breakfast/brunch. I will be staying in the area of Grand Central station/Midtown East.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

Pershing Square cafe , located right opposite Grand Central Terminal has a great breakfast .

http://www.pershingsquare.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,859 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

Scotty's diner is a good basic breakfast place that should be open. But I'll also say, unless there's a specific reason to stay near the hotel, youll find many more options in a more residential area. The area around Grand Central is mostly office buildings with some hotels mixed in. Sarge's is another coffee shop type place that should be open.

Menupages.com

Will give you details of all these. Here's a link to everything you could ever want to know about breakfast/brunch.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/707772

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

"whiz" Sarge's is open 24/7 -365 - that was the purpose Sarge started the business so shift workers would have somewhere to go anytime they got off workl!

My brother and I love Sarges - no nonsense deli with all the 'fixins'.

And they are the only deli curing corned beef and pastrami on premises in the City. Yum-O.

Worth the trip!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,726 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

If you're in the mood for brunch, Cibo has an $18.95 prix fixe brunch which I really like and think is a good value because it includes a cocktail.

To start you'll get coffee or tea, a basket of muffins and banana bread, plus either a mimosa, bloody mary or soft drink.

Then you get two courses:

1. An appetizer which can breakfasty or lunchy such as an antipasto salad, mozzarella and tomatoes, Prince Edward Island mussels or fresh melon and fruit.

2. An entree ranging from blueberry pancakes, brioche french toast, ham and eggs, or three cheese omelette, to chicken caesar sandwich with pancetta or cheeseburger and fries.

Cibo's menu here: http://cibonyc.com/

They also have lunch and dinner prix fixes specials which I've enjoyed.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

you'll find more options going a little more uptown, downtown, or west side..

can always go on yelp, find your hotel on the map and search the word brunch, that's what i would do

Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

if you don't mind walking a few avenues east, almost every eatery on 2nd avenue offers a brunch special (and often times with a mimosa included too). i'd also suggest going on www.yelp.com and searching the neighborhood "midtown east".

the avenues from grand central going east are as follows:

Park

Lexington

3rd

2nd

1st

Enjoy your visit!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,726 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

og, which ones have you been to and would recommend?

Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

for a more "local" experience (away from hotel restaurants) and depending on your food preferences...

french country style - http://www.lamangeoire.com/menu.html

predictable diner - madison restaurant/diner (on 1st avenue)

chain/multiple locations - le pain quotidien

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

We always use the Murray Hill diner (Lexington & 33rd) . Well worth it. Clean premises, large portions of food at a good price.Great sunday brunch such as french toast, pancakes , massive bagels, and loads of pastries. Clean toilet, nice staff. Enjoy!

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday breakfast around Grand Central Station/Mditown East??

Thanks for all the suggestions. Highly appreciated them. I am willing to travel a little farther for the Sunday's breakfast/brunch.