We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

Seattle
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

Will arrive at Penn Station a little past 10:30 tomorrow night. Staying at Affinia dumont and I'm wondering the best way to get there. It looks easy to walk but not sure if we will want to so late - lazy, tired, and safety/unfamiliarity in new city. Anyway, any suggestions? How walkable is it? I don't think metro connects to it? Consider the bus? Don't really want to get taxi

NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Statue of Liberty Express Cruise
184 Reviews
from US$30.99*
Empire State Building: Top Deck...
30 Reviews
from US$149.00*
Special Offer
New York City Harbor Skyline and...
250 Reviews
from US$19.00*
US$31.00
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

You didn't mention where it is

Seattle
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

Affinia Dumont is at 150 East 34th Street, New York City, NY 10016

Mentioned in this post
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,034 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

The dumont is on 34th between Lex and 3rd. It;s not a walk I'd want to make if I were carrying large pieces of luggage, but safety is not a huge concern. 10;30 is "early" by NY City standards and the area around Penn Station and the Empire State building will be far from deserted!

Edited: 25 May 2012, 02:29
Mentioned in this post
Empire State Building
Empire State Building
69,039 Reviews
New York City, NY
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,622 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

You could take a crosstown bus on 34th Street, but it's a short distance so if you don't want to walk why not just take a taxi?

If you decide to take the bus there's an exit from the Long Island Rail Road concourse of Penn Station at 7th Avenue and 34th Street.

You need either a Metrocard (which you could get in the subway station) or exact change (no bills or pennies) for the bus. The fare is $2.25.

Mentioned in this post
Long Island Rail Road
Long Island Rail Road
197 Reviews
Jamaica, NY
NY NY
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

There's a crosstown bus that runs along 34th Street. The M34 is a "select" bus, which means you must pay before boarding. Here's the info on it:

http://www.mta.info/nyct/sbs/sbs_payM15.htm

Make sure it's an eastbound bus you're boarding.

You can also just get a taxi for those few blocks. It's probably easiest if you exit Penn Station on the 8th Ave. side, there's a taxi line right there.

If you do walk, the area might look gritty, but it's safe.

Seattle
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

Thanks for the suggestions! Think we will just suck it up and walk since it looks just like a straight shot and should be easy enough. Guess We might be tired but NYC won't be :)

Our luggages are small - carryons with spinner wheels. If too tired we will bus it. Thanks for the bus information :)

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,228 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

A taxi would be pretty inexpensive

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

NY Whiz showed me a useful google maps tool. Get the map of Penn Station up then click get directions. Type Penn station in 'from' box then Affinia Dumont in the 'to' box. Click the little man and then get directions and it gives you the walking route, distance and time. I did it for you but the link looks like gobblydegook so will let you do it for yourself to be sure you have it correctly.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

Cath, to get a link to post, after you map the route click the link icon to the right of the printer icon in the left column. When the box opens, click get short URL and voila, copy and paste.

http://goo.gl/maps/xkwT

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Penn Station to Affinia Dumont

BTW, that map shows you getting out of Penn station on 31 st. , but as noted above, you can get out at 33 or 34 st. to make it a straight shot headed east.

http://goo.gl/maps/hdhP