We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Services

Dallas, Texas...
2 posts
Save Topic
Car Services

Can anyone recommend any car services from LaGuardia Airport hotel to and from a birthday party in Saddle River, New Jersey?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,075 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Services

I didn't recommend a car service because I assumed that the OP was asking for a recommendation OTHER than something like Dial7, which is mentioned on here fifty ties a day - that is, a recommendation for a place that might be cheaper to get to the middle of nowhere in New Jersey. That I could not recommend, since I have no personal experience with New Jersey car services, but the most correct answer was to find out if the plan made any sense, which it didn't. I think the OP got good advice, and has taken it.

And if you're not sure why an unnecessary $250 round trip causes horror, then you must be in a different financial position than, you know, all of us.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Services

One further point to the OP. You will be buying a combined AirTrain and New Jersey Transit rail ticket in a single transaction. You can do this when you get off of the AirTrain at the rail station. There are people there to help you if you need it.

You'll then use the ticket to exit the AirTrain fare gates, but hang onto it. You'll need to show it on both the NJ Transit Train to Secaucus Junction, and also on the one departing from Secaucus Junction. Depending on platforms, you may also need to use it to get through fare gates at Secaucus Junction.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Services

Saying $102. is very misleading because it doesn't factor in tolls (both ways) and gratuity. Car services often charge tax too. So, you're talking a minimum of $150. each way and I would not at all be surprised if the charge were closer to $200. all in.

So, Newark makes significantly more sense.

Base fare is often 55 - 60% of the total fare.

Don't forget to factor in all the traffic on the RFK (Triboro) Bridge and then getting across the George Washington Bridge.

Newark is a much better idea. You don't fly into Newark for Long Island and you don't fly into LaGuardia for New Jersey.

14. Re: Car Services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:42