We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sporting events in December

9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sporting events in December

Hi all just a quick question traveling to new York on the 8th of December and would love to see the ice hockey or basketball and was wondering where I find the fixtures

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sporting events in December

you can find all the schedules on espn.com

they wont release the new schedules for next year until the current season is over. check back in sept or oct. you might be able to see the NEW brooklyn basketbal team in their new arena also - which would be fun.

http://espn.go.com/nba/schedule

Edited: 25 May 2012, 19:08
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,604 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sporting events in December

I'm not sure what you mean by "the fixtures," but the local Hockey team is the New York Rangers: they play at Madison Square Garden; and the local basketball teams are the New York Knicks, who also play at the Garden, and the Brooklyn Nets, who will play in the new arena over the Atlantic Yards.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sporting events in December

Fixtures = schedule

Ice hockey is awesome - if you get the chance to go to an ice hockey game during your trip it would be well worth it. Both the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils are in the Eastern Conference final at the moment, fighting it out to get to the final of the Stanley Cup (go on the Rangers!!!). Both teams play their home games in/within easy reach of New York. There's nothing quite like the atmosphere at Madison Square Garden when the Rangers play :-)

Agree though that you'll have to wait until around late September before next year's game schedules come out. Just keep checking back.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sporting events in December

cloughy we travel over on the 6th of dec and would like to see he ice hocey cant wait for the fixture releases

Liverpool
Level Contributor
103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sporting events in December

I'm coming on the 7th & would love to catch a basketball game. Hadn't thought about ice hockey so will look into that if there isn't a basketball game whilst we're there.

Enjoy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sporting events in December

crikey we can have a meet up seriously i love watching ice hckey and would lov to be at a game live

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sporting events in December

Thanks for all the great help I'll keep my eyes open for the new season the are there set days the teams will play for example in England soccer teams play every Saturday ( this is a given we just don't no who against untill they release the list)

Thanks again

8. Re: Sporting events in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:42