We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Italy Arthur St.

Lincoln, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Little Italy Arthur St.

Have asked about Mike's Deli (?). Have been told that although the deli might be ok, the walk from the subway to the deli might (!) be a bit threatening, Arthur St might be not worth the subway from the upper west side. Is it worth going, not for the deli, but just to walk around??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
831 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Italy Arthur St.

I think you mean Arthur Avenue in the Bronx? If so, I definitely think it's worth it. I haven't been to Mike's Deli but there are lots of great places to eat around there. I can highly recommend Trattoria Zero Otto Nove. Great atmosphere and even better food :)

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Italy Arthur St.

There are some people (usually the big fans of Law and Order) who think the whole city is threatening. I certainly don't find that area a problem at all.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Little Italy Arthur St.

Arthur Avenue - threatening - hogwash - where did you pick up this piece of nonsense?

NYC isn't just cop shows and movies.........

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little Italy Arthur St.

It's funny we were at Yankee Stadium one time, and we asked a police officer how to get to Arthur Avenue from there, and he advised us that there was no easy way via public transportation. He told us the area was not safe to walk around in. Now, I've been to NYC many times, and I do not think the city is unsafe (no more than any other city anyway), and I can honestly say I've NEVER felt unsafe walking around in NYC even in Queens or Brooklyn late at night. However, it may not just be cop shows and movies contributing to the misconception. :O)

Lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little Italy Arthur St.

We asked the desk at our hotel how to best get to Arthur Avenue. The guy told us not worth a visit and the areas we would have to walk through were not

advisable for tourists.

We have been coming to NYC for many years and have never felt threatened just

love the New Yorkers. Thought it was a bit strange hence the posting. We have

decided to give it a go today.

Had a great day yesterday in Queens. Just loved the Louis Armstrong Museum.

Thanks for your responses.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Little Italy Arthur St.

I think Arthur Avenue is worth a visit. I have been up there a couple of times - including one time alone! and survived. It is much more authentic than Little Italy in Manhattan. You could go during the day for lunch, rather than dinner if you are concerned about safety.

I posted on my last trip to Arthur Avenue - if you are interested.

alittlebigapple.com/2012/05/arthur-avenue-re…

7. Re: Little Italy Arthur St.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:42