We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

Hello New York,

On a whim have decided to visit New York City for our anniversary. Just need help with a room. Want to stay somewhere in the general area between time square and central park. We normally stay at Waldorff's when travelling. Like the luxury and quality at the price and I want a suite over just a room with a bed. See a good price on a Jr. King at Waldorff. Is this the way to go or can anyone recommend better. Just two of us. Shopping for my wife and I'd like to get to some art galleries and catch a show. We both like to walk around and explore.

Any help would be appreciated

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

You stay in them often and don't know it's Waldorf, not Waldorff? Oy...

In any event, I certainly wouldn't consider the Waldorf a luxury hotel. If you post your exact dates and budget the hotel experts will be able to help you choose something better.

There's also no reason to limit yourself to any particular area. The subway runs all over the city.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

Yes, Waldorf.......typing faster than thinking today. Rare for just the two of us to get away so very excited.

Arriving June 17th, departing June 21st. Budget about $ 500/night. As mentioned we like walking in the city so location that is centralized to what we want to do is helpful. We also often part company and go our own ways but like to meet up during the day so again being central helps.

Thanks

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

If I had a $500/night budget, the Waldorf would be the LAST place in the city I'd be staying. Just sayin..... the shine wore off that penny a long time ago. It survives, in large part, on it's once-renowned reputation and historic significance. But, frankly, it slid down the list of "best hotels" years ago.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,228 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

New York Palace or Bryant Park Hotel (in a Bryant Park Suite)

Look at The London or Trump Soho,too. WISH I had that budget

The Waldorf has lovely public spaces but I hear the rooms are tired and a bit shabby

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

I agree with the others. I'd go for a fresher place even if it meant less space but maybe you guys don't feel that way. ig you like the location of the waldorf, what about the Palace?

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

The Benjamin is across the street from the Waldorf, it's newer and nicer, just make sure to book a one-bedroom suite and you'll be happy.

7. Re: Last Minute Help for Anniversary Trip Manhattan in June.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:16