We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Nashville
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Parking

I know this has to be an annoying question, but I need help from a local. Is there any cheaper way to park than using the hotel's garage? We're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. We don't mind walking, or taking the subway or bus. We had considered parking on LI and taking the LIRR (we have family there) but really don't want to backtrack when we depart. (we're headed west)

Any tips?

Thanks!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

www.bestparking. I think it was mentioned on your other thread

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

Try the lot at Secaucus Junction in New Jersey, and take the train in. This will also save you the tolls crossing the Hudson in the first place, as well as the tunnel traffic.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

How much is the hotel's parking?

Ok, I went to look..It's 30.00 for self park. It's 21.00 in Secaucus plus train fare.

Look on bestparking but I don't know that you'll do much better than 30.00

Edited: 01 June 2012, 11:07
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking

There are various reasons why NYers do not own cars and take the subway everywhere. Parking is one of them. On street parking is iffy as spots are scarce, signage is confusing, and muni-meters always have confused parkers trying to figure out how they work. Ditching a car in a lot is an expensive alternative - especially in mid town. Remember, the hourly price quoted on the sign does not include the onerous tax.

This is one of those things you just grin [or curse] and bear it.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking

We parked on the street ONCE. Hubby insisted he knew what he was doing. We got not one but TWO parking tickets, to the tune of $220-ish!

Never again

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,957 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking

How many nights are you staying?

How many people are you?

From which direction will you be coming before NYC and where are you headed after?

If you're driving straight from Nashville and heading back home after NYC, have you looked into the cost of parking at the Metropark in Iselin, NJ that I mentioned in your other thread and training into NYC?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking

They are coming from Manorville on Long Island after visiting their family and then heading back to Tennessee according to their other thread.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,957 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking

If that's the case and you don't mind leaving the car in an outdoor lot, there are a number of options in Long Island City near a subway station where you could park. If it's a weekend you'll be parking, this is one option for $9/day.

primospot.com/parking/garages/show/2541_t_p_…

new york
Level Contributor
301 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking

try bestparking.com for coupons for nearby garages

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,989 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking

How about parking at one of the airports? That way you'd have transportation in and out of Manhattan.