We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

Will be taking in a night baseball game at Yankee Stadium in September & would like to ask can i get there using the subway, & if so, which line do i use? & where do i catch it from?.

Can i use a metro card?, & would you consider it safe enough to take the return trip on the subway after the night game back into Manhattan?.

We will be staying on West 45th St nr Fifth Ave during our stay

1. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 05:46
Edited: 01 June 2012, 05:46
New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

You would use either the #4 or the D train. You can get the D on Sixth AVenue at 47th Street, and the #4 at Grand Central Terminal.

Not only can you use a metroCard, but you MUST use a MetroCard; the metroCard is the mandatory fare medium for the subway.

Why in the world would the subway not be safe coming back from a baseball game with 40,000 other spectators? Is there something about the subway at night -- when the little crime that there is on the subway to begin with goes down, not up -- that you know, and I don't?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

After the baseball game, all the fans flock to the subway to go home. I really don't know why you're asking, but regardless of time that the game finishes, there are subway trains that are specifically put on starting at Yankee Stadium, for people to head back to Manhattan, Brooklyn, etc etc.

Last time I was there, I was standing on the subway until Grand Central Terminal because the train was THAT busy.

M

4. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 11:38
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

It would be much safer than the trip home from the SCG or ANZ stadium after a Swans game!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

yeh! your probably right, the marauding gangs & lowlifes can't afford the subway unless they mug someone on the streets first!!!!

I can be a smartass too!

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
467 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

Nicely done xx

8. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 15:35
Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

This is New York, not Sydney, so I think it would be safe to venture out after dark. :)

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation to and from Yankee Stadium & safety concerns.

Parfaits

The reason i asked the question was that the last time i was in Manhattan, which was December 2010 i can vaguely remember there was a shooting on one of the subway stations, i heard this from some New Yorkers that were staying at the same hotel i was, so i thought the question was a reasonable one to ask the locals.

And if you have never been to Sydney, which i doubt you have, how would you know it would be safer catching the subway in NYC compared to Sydney?