We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

What's the 1 place/ experience// meal/ night in New York that will remain the best ever.....

Nothing too x rated :-)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

For me.......standing in Times Square our very first night in NYC...saying to myself over and over...."You really are in New York City.....You really ARE in New York City!!" (because, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever go to NYC....never wanted to....silly me!!...been there twice now! )

Edited: 02 June 2012, 13:50
Alameda, California
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

Best: Rockerfeller Center in the evening

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

For me, probably my first Major League Baseball game (Red Sox @ Yankees, no less): everything I expected and much, much more. It launched a new passion and pastime for me, as I was converted to a serious fan almost instantly. The only thing that took me to that game was a little curiosity.

I visited NYC last week and went to three more...and that didn't feel enough.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,823 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

I've had many great experiences, but the two best:

Being on a boat off the tip of Manhattan on July 4, 1976 when the Tall Ships were there for the Bicentennial.

And being AT the 7th game of the Mets-Red Sox World Series in '86.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
477 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

My visits to NYC have given me wonderful experiences and memories, from my first walk through beautiful Central Park and coming upon Strawberry Fields, a very simple but beautiful and moving tribute to John Lennon, and then crossing the Park and ending up at the Met for that 1st magical time (and now cannot ever visit NYC without repeating this!!!), to seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time and the Manhattan skyline from the Staten Island Ferry, walking Brooklyn Bridge for the 1st time!!!

But my most memorable experience is from my 1st trip to NYC in the early 1990`s when I was fortunate enough to go to a little music bar in the Village and hear Ray Charles......just wonderful.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

On my very first trip to the city in the 1980s ... there was an ad for an exterminator on ALL the subway cars I rode ... and it showed a cockroach on a prettily set dinner table ... I spent the entire trip waiting for roaches to invade my life some how ... truth be told, I never saw one in NY City on that trip or subsequent ones ... but to this day, I remember my paranoia and looking around but trying to be discreet so my travel buddies wouldn't know what a wimp I was!

I've had many other marvelous experiences in NY sicne then, but this sticks in my mind because it was just SO RIDICULOUS! And yes, I can laugh at myself all these years later.

Edited: 02 June 2012, 17:16
County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

In macys on 26th December and the massive crowds 1/2 bringing back christmas presents they did not want.

Lasted 10 minutes then went to a bar to relax.

Edited: 02 June 2012, 17:36
Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

A ride on the Cyclone, then following that an afternoon sitting in the sun, having a few beers in Cha Chas and watching the Coney Island world pass by

Saginaw Mi
Level Contributor
468 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

Best experience at least for my daughter was having her picture taken with Matt Lauer on the Top of the Rock, best experience for hubby was attending mass at St Patricks and best experience for me is just being in New York City !!

Worst experience for both my daughter and I was last November having to walk about 1 1/2 miles back to our hotel at 11:30 pm in a "monsoon"!! We were soaked and cold and finally did the unthinkable of taking a "gypsy cab" the last 4 blocks !!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,920 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Your 1 experience in New York you'll never forget??

My first WOW moment was when I was flying in to JFK and looking out the window I was craning my neck trying to work out exactly where we were when I spotted the huge green rectangle of Central Park. We were flying over Lower Manhattan and I had the entire island in my view from south to north! I could also see all of the bridges to Queens and Brooklyn.

I'll never forget that view.

My second Wow moment was standing in Times Square for the first time (10 mins after arriving at my hotel). I was overcome by the noise, the people , the lights and feeling I can't believe I am in NYC.