We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York ...Here We Come!:)

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
507 posts
571 reviews
Save Topic
New York ...Here We Come!:)

Hi...am off to NYC for my v first time at end of Aug...OMG...am I so excited!!! were there for 4 nights...staying in The Wellington hotel...anybody know it?? know whats around there to eat breakfast....or any other bits!!!

Thank you.....so cant wait:))))))

Tracey....

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

meh! have you consulted a guidebook to see what is in the area.

The well-known Carnegie Deli is just across the street.

The N,R,Q subway line is just adjacent/under the hotel.

You'll be in the company of lots of UK folks - very popular w/Brits.

Gudiebook!!! and map!!!!

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
507 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

Thanks Poppa...yep all glued up..found the hotel on google maps..hubby is a tecno geek..just thought I would ask on here for diff ideas:)..see what things people throw at us...

Thanks so much:)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

Toyah I feel your excitement! Hubby, sister, brother in law and I are heading there mid August - never imagined I'd go to the states but here we are planning it! I know people always suggest reading up on T/A, google, books etc which is very legitimate advice, but I know how nice it is to get 'real world' advice from 'real people' - even just simple things are amazing. Enjoy the planning!

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,201 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

Ah, what a wonderful thing to look forward to!

And some time to prepare yourself, but don't go fixing yourself to strict an itinerary.

Just compile a list of things you'd like to see, make sure you know where they are in the city and be aware that 4 things a day is a lot already....

Enjoy the anticipation for starters ^_^

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,201 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

oh, and don't worry about places for breakfast and dinner....plenty of those around and not restricted to the location of your hotel....explore, try different things....

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
507 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

Hi..Jacjac...Am trying to get my sis and bro in law to come along as well:) We love planning the holidays then the looking forward to it...We now regret only booking 4 nights but hay ho...always try and go again:) How long our you all there for? and flying from Oz...

Thanks Meyem...yes we have a list so far but, wont get too see half off it as am sure things take alot longer to see/do once there..I just wanna soak in the city and the atmosphere! we will explore:) just been to Prague and Mexico so far this yr and going to Budapest in Oct...so, we always plan or hoildays:)love having places to look forward too...Thank You)

Tracey...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

Toyah I'm nuts about reading up on places, planning, itineraries etc - I have Travel OCD if it exists! Usually when I'm there I'll settle into just enjoying the moment but the planning keeps me sane at work and I find it pays off to know what's acceptable prices to pay and times to go places.

We only have 4 days in NYC as well, then 2.5 weeks hitting the hotspots of California. We debated the cost and limited time in NYC but decided in the end if we never go back, we will be glad to have done it this trip. What are your mustdo's while you're there?

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
507 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

Jacjac..We are just off out to the cinema! I will chat too you later:))

Whoop Whoop!!!! planning and looking forward to N Y is the best:))) lol

Tracey....

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

You won't get hungry plenty places to eat enjoy your trip.

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
507 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New York ...Here We Come!:)

Thanks Oldiesguy:) we will...Boston is nx place we wanna visit:)

Tracey..