We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's on 4th July?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
What's on 4th July?

I'll be in NYC (from Australia) on 4th July. Just wondering what events or activities are going to be on? I've heard about the Macy's fireworks. Is that about it or are there other activities going on?

Thanks!

staten island
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's on 4th July?

A parade in Staten Island- http://travisparade.org/pages/main_frame.htm

Nathan's Hot Dog eating conest in Coney Island- nathansfamous.com/PageFetch/getpage.php…

new york
Level Contributor
301 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's on 4th July?

there are fireworks in almost each borough because macys fireworks will be packed with tourists! you'd probably have to get to a spot mid day to watch it in person.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,402 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's on 4th July?

That's just not true. Consider one of the cruises like

statuecruises.com

New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's on 4th July?

There is a huge fireworks display, probably on the West side of the city along the Hudson river. however, it's incredibly crowded, noisy and dirty. You would have to get there hours before dusk to get a dirty patch of concrete. Your best bet would be to try to make some new friends who are having a rooftop party or check which rooftop bars or hotels are open. Ask about the cover though- they'll probably jack up their prices.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's on 4th July?

Awesome, thanks guys! :)

Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's on 4th July?

Hey kath, you just asked a question for me.

I'm from Perth and will also be there on the 4th.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's on 4th July?

Great! Let's know if you hear any other good suggestions. Can't wait :-)

8. Re: What's on 4th July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:42