We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Topic
Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

I saw Wayne Manor listed as a Vacation Home Rental for New York City. See for youself. How did this get verified as a legitimate rental by Tripadvisor.The reviews are bogus as well.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

Trip Advisor does NOT verify these things. They accept advertising $$.

East Coast of...
Level Contributor
586 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

I'm surprised this vacation rental doesn't get mentioned more often here.

When my wife and I stayed there last summer, we found the location to be somewhat distant from Times Square, where all of our favorite restaurant chains are located. But after we discovered the Hotel Carter was sold out, we were happy to find a place like this within our budget.

Use of the automobile was included in the weekly rate. We just wished it had more cargo capacity after we did all our shopping at Woodbury Common outlet mall. The owners were using the storage compartment to keep ropes, hooks, a couple of old capes and a bunch of other stuff.

This rental is on 24th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, but a word of caution: The surrounding neighborhood has developed quite a bit since the photos in the listing were taken. The front lawn is not nearly as large as the photos would lead you to believe. The unit is actually surrounded by apartment buildings and businesses now. And I think it has been renovated inside, too. For instance, we never found that room with the dinosaur skeleton.

Despite its location, I still think this accommodation is a good value at $2000 per week. And with 40,000 square feet (I'm not sure if that includes the balcony), it's a little more spacious than the average Manhattan rental. I think we could have been nearly as comfortable in a unit half the size.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

If only I could "like" a TA post ;)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

Wow! Does Alfred come included??

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

Hankershanker that is priceless.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

I do like your reco, Hankshanker. yes. But I think you missed another deal here.

Now, the headline says

As Low As $143 Per Person Per Night! (3 Night Min), and it is in "New York City" (yes it is) and has a swimming pool (really). Its even advertized as a villa! (and it is). And actually is nestled in a private nature preserve. (Truth). Better yet, it's not an illegal apartment! !The only problems are that it sleeps 24 and is in the middle of Staten Island.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g60763-…

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

Hankshanker - priceless !!

I must admit my mouth dropped open reading the beginning. Thinking, 'unbelievable this guy'. Once you mentioned your fav chain restaurants in Times Square & Hotel Carter, well. Got it !!

Then I had wine dripping down my chin while laughing the rest of the way through. Thanks for that !

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

Yes, great post, Hankshanker---very funny :)!

I clicked on the link for the area map. It seems that this place is in Staten Island. --- Or so they say!

Edited: 05 June 2012, 04:39
Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

Just noticed your post, NYNM. Well...Staten Island is part of NYC but I think that when most tourists think of NYC, they think of Manhattan.

Level Contributor
423 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wayne Manor (Batman's home) listed as Vacation Home Rental

well now that we know its real....

is it legal????

is there somewhere to get a knock off louis vittoun nearby???? ;) jk