We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking garages

Pine Prairie...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Parking garages

I have read older post about which websites to look at for locations of parking garages. My question is around the Times Square/ Rockefeller area how fast do the garages fill up? We will be arriving around 10-11 am, not sure of exact time so that makes it hard to make a reservation in a garage. We will be arriving on June 18th, Monday. I know it is probably not a good time, but can't change that. Would appreciate any help, if possible. Thanks

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking garages

at some you can reserve a space ahead of time--- you also might want to consider parking away from Times Square even if it means taking the subway from your garage back to the hotel-- parking around Times square or any tourist location can cost you a premium

www.bestparking.com

can help you find a place

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,462 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking garages

Most of the garages give you some leeway with time.

iconparking.com

centralparking.com

are the 2 cos. I think that will allow reservations. The cheapest in that area seems to be the Icon at 164 west 46 st. but it only has a capacity of 100 cars so more likely to fill up imo. The Icon on west 47 st. has a 260 car capacity. You can see all this on

bestparking.com

Pine Prairie...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking garages

Thanks for the info. My kids are a little nervous about taking subway, so trying to find place close to most of the "tourist" traps. I know there is so much to see in New York, but we are wanting to see NBC, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and Radio City. If we park in a central location, we are hoping to walk to all of these. Is that possible? It only looks like a few blocks. We may take a cab to WTC site or subway if I convince them to do it. lol

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking garages

Just drag them down there, they're kids. Once they see what it is really like they will probably enjoy it. What exactly are they scared of?

And yes, the four mentioned tourist spots are within walking distance.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking garages

Most kids actually love the subway! It is a great adventure for them!

There are lots of parking garages in the Times Square area on the streets with theaters and I've never had a problem getting space when I go to a show, but you will pay a lot for the location.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking garages

I would be nervous about going to LOUisiana--- afraid I was going to be eaten by aligators--- should I be ? Just say kid--- it is either this or you walk because you can't be anyplace that is close to everything

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking garages

How are you coming in? If you are coming throught the Lincoln Tunnel, you could park at Port Authority Bus Terminal. Not the cheapest ( nor is it the most expensive) but it is very convenient.

And really, what are they afraid of? NYC is not like T V

Edited: 08 June 2012, 18:30
Pine Prairie...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking garages

bilmin09 ..... you are so funny! I guess I get your point. Louisiana is not all swamps and alligators even though that is all you see on TV lately. I would stell take my chances with a boat in a swamp with alligators than a mugger on the subway. lol I guess we have watched too much TV about the subway. All I can picture is Elaine from Seinfeld stuck on it with no lights and Kramer running from a mugger. lol Thanks for the info though. Feel a lot better.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking garages

The subway is one of the safest places you can be!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking garages

Don't worry our muggers don't start until 10pm so if you limit your travel up until then you would be safe