We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to NYC in May

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to NYC in May

I am going with my daughter for a 3 night stay. We are staying at the Belevedere. I need some recommendations on what tours would be best to book, what people liked, what they didn't. Also any recommendations on places for lunch and dinner?

Also any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to NYC in May

How old is your daughter?

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to NYC in May

She is 21.

sbj
UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to NYC in May

Is this your first visit ?

My number one tour is the Circle Line Twilight Cruise around the sounthern half of Manhattan. It is a great introduction to New York City

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to NYC in May

See this post re tours:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k544696-… _The_Best_Tour_Company_Guide_of_NYC-

What is your budget, what foods and atmospheres do you like or dislike?

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to NYC in May

This is not my first visit but it is for my daughter.

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to NYC in May

We will probably eat breakfast in our hotel room, but would like something on the cheaper side for lunch, and moderately priced for dinner. We are going to see "Rent" one evening, any suggestions for a moderately priced dinner before the theatre? somewhere near the theatre?

Level Contributor
239 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit to NYC in May

Our family took the New York Party Shuttle tour in March. It is 5 1/2 hours, small bus, maybe 30 people. They provide free water and soda, and take you all over the city. We saw all the major attractions, and the tour guide gets off the bus with you and walks with you explaining the sights. You take the Staten Island ferry out to see the Statue of Liberty from the harbour,go to the Dakota and Strawberry Fields,walk on Wall Street, go to Ground Zero and St.Paul's catherdral. Go check out their website. We thought it an excellant way to see all the city, and didn't have to sit outside in the cold or wet to do it.