We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

Hey,

Could anyone help me with the easiest way to get to Newark Airport from West 88th Street in Manhattan.

Thanks! x

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

Have you looked at the Top Question section or the many threads on this topic?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,974 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

Easiest is to order a car service like

Dial7.com

To pick you up and deliver you to the airport.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

Hey sheen_shine:-) If you're close to the Broadway area, you can hop on the #1 subway at 86th Street to 34th Street Penn Station..there you can take NJTransit to Newark Liberty airport..about a 20 min run..save your ticket and hop on the air train to your terminal;-) Give it all a good hour door to door..assuming you time your arrival at Penn Station to hook up with the NJTransit train.. and EnjoY!

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

suwbay stop 86W only has stairs, no escalators or elevators...luckily, though, the line is only about one floor down ^_^

the next stop towards the 90+ (is it 92?) does have an elevator

Edited: 10 June 2012, 02:53
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

If you want to take the subway from W. 88th Street to Penn Station it depends on where on W. 88th Street you're starting from. You might want to take the 1 from W. 86th and Broadway, or you might want to take the C from W. 86th Street and Central Park West.

Both of these trains (heading downtown) will go to Penn Station

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

Since you're staying close to Central Park, you can also take the A and change on Columbus Circle, or opt for the bus from Port Authority, in which case you could stay on the A

You might find these useful:

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/subwaymap.pdf

www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

I don't think the C goes to Penn Station?

> ah, yes it does...

Edited: 10 June 2012, 03:05
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

..most stations on the UWS servicing the #1 are only 1 flight down..or up ;-) the 96th street station does have an elevaor.. but the flight down at 86th is a short one;-)

FWIW, I usually take a car service to airports.. not so often when it comes to EWR ..depending on the time..since I can't stand dealing with the tunnel traffic! I flew out on a trans Friday night for Memorial Day Weekend and even though the flight was practically at midnight, I still opted for NJTransit at around 9p;-) No hassles..no traffic worries..straight run..piece of cake! Keep enjoyin' all!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

Meyem:

The A train does not stop at 86th Street. It's express from 125th Street to 59th Street/Columbus Circle. (There are some late night exceptions,)

If the OP is leaving from W. 88th Street during normal travel times it's either the 1 on Broadway and 86th or the C on Central Park West and 86th

Edited: 10 June 2012, 04:13
10. Re: West 88th Street to Newark Wed evening flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:17