We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park slope/williamsburg

sthelensuk
Level Contributor
78 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
park slope/williamsburg

Hi guys my partner and i will be coming to nyc march 2013 have been before in midtown hotel, this time would like to stop amongst the locals.We like the look of park slope or williamsburg which seem to have great local bars and restaurants and easy access to manhattan,can anyone recommend accomodation in these areas in the $150-200 a night bracket Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: park slope/williamsburg

You might be lucky to get somewhere like the Le Jolie in Williamsburg for under $200, it'll be tough though.

The best bet is the Super 8 in Park Slope, that's always cheap.

M

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park slope/williamsburg

The Holiday Inn Express, also near Park Slope.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: park slope/williamsburg

Note that Park Slope and Williamsburg are nowhere near each other.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: park slope/williamsburg

Both are great areas to both visit and live in. [I live in Park Slope]. Both areas are loaded with great restaurants as well as great bars. Both are lively during the day as well as after dark. There is easy transportation to Manhattan from each.

Williamsburg has a hipper younger vibe and is somewhat livelier than the Slope. It is famous for the mind boggling annoying Hipsters that proliferate in the area. The Slope has nicer blocks and is near stuff like Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Museum and the Botanic Gardens. It is more famous for families and the "Stroller Mafia."

The Slope may have a greater variety of budget hotels. I would agree with the Holiday Inn Express [On UNION not on BUTLER] Street as well as the Super 8. Both seem to be just fine. I would avoid the Holiday Inn on Butler as well as the Fairfield as both are somewhat too close to the housing projects for my taste.

5. Re: park slope/williamsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:17