We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Audio Guide for MoMA

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Audio Guide for MoMA

Are the audio guides available at the Met worthwhile? They cost $7 to book on-line, and I am wondering whether to order them, and if so how many.

I have found they can be either fantastic or a waste of time, so I am keen to hear from people who have actually used the audio devices available at the Met.

Also, does anyone have experience about whether there are lengthy queues to collect and return them? We are a family of four - two adults and two teenagers - so might even share anyway.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Audio Guide for MoMA

Your thread title says MoMA

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Audio Guide for MoMA

Hey - you are right! I was going create a post about MoMA too ... on a different topic - doh :o

I mean the *Metropolitan Museum*, as far as audio guides go.

Anyone know how to change the thread title? I might just create a new one..

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Audio Guide for MoMA

If you do get the free on for MoMa, the children's art descriptions are more fun than the adult ones.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Audio Guide for MoMA

Thanks for that - really appreciate the first hand experience!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
943 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Audio Guide for MoMA

ztaks - that explains why my kids spent almost 3 hours at the MOMA without any fuss. I thought it was just the thrill of finding the numbers and pressing buttons on the audio guide, but maybe the commentary for kids was fun too!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Audio Guide for MoMA

That is great to hear Desi (wish TA had a like button)

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2012/01/moma-members…

Edited: 20 June 2012, 13:39
7. Re: Audio Guide for MoMA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:15