We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Statue of Liberty question

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Statue of Liberty question

I've got tickets for the Statue of Liberty boat on Sunday but I'm not interested in going to Ellis Island. Do I have to go to Ellis Island as well or are there boats going straight back to Battery Park from Liberty Island?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Statue of Liberty question

The returning boat will stop at Ellis island but you do not have to get off , you can just stay on the boat to return to Battery Park.

Edited: 19 June 2012, 22:48
Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Statue of Liberty question

Great. Thanks for the quick reply.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,975 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Statue of Liberty question

Do you realize that the Statue itself is closed for renovation. You will be closer if you take the boat but you can't go in!

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Statue of Liberty question

I know the inside of the statue is closed but am I right in thinking that the island itself is still open?

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Statue of Liberty question

Yes, the island is open.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Statue of Liberty question

But you are missing the best part of the trip by bypassing Ellis Island. It is far more important in history than Liberty Island

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
299 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Statue of Liberty question

You should really check out Ellis Island...even if not staying long.

It's really interesting! Not to be missed!

Texas
Level Contributor
259 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Statue of Liberty question

Oh, it would be a shame to not at least spend 30 minutes at Ellis Island. My family took the trip to Liberty and Ellis Islands last Wednesday, and I am so glad we got off at both locations. The price of your ticket includes a free audio tour of both islands. We did not use the audio tour at Liberty Island, but we did at Ellis Island. It was amazing to see how the immigrants were processed once they landed. The artifacts on exhibit sre very interesting. I learned much more from the audio tour and exhibits than I have ever learned from textbooks, including my university history classes. The boat departs both islands about every 30 minutes, so even if you don't have much time, I would at least walk through the building and then take the next boat back. What time are your tickets for the trip? We took a 9:00 trip, and the weather was very pleasant. Did not have to wait in line either.

9. Re: Statue of Liberty question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:16