We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

NSW North Coast
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

I will be in NYC on the Superbowl weekend next year (on my way to the Rugby sevens in Vegas).

Whilst I understand most people are probably not thinking of football at the moment (of the American variety at least), and that there are many unknown variables (such as the teams involved) which may influence responses, I would appreciate your assistance with the following;

Do I just find a sportsbar and join in? or

Do I need to think about booking somewhere?

Any early recommendations for places to watch?

Anything else I should know?

I want to really experience the atmosphere of the big day!

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Peter

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

Just find a bar and go in - the game usually begins around 6PM.......and almost every bar, pub etc will have one or more TV's on the game channel.

Some places do take rezzies - but if you get to a place and settle in an hour before - you should be OK.

Some time the games are outstanding and then there are the lopsided matches - last couple of years were very competitive.

Poppa

NSW North Coast
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

Cheers Poppa, sounds pretty easy.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

There are also bars around NYC that have followings from out of town teams. You'll probably be able to find a bar with a crowd from your hometown.

4. Re: Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 December 2012, 17:05
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

ad reported

If you are gonna shill, then pick a different screen name!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

We went to Rumours bar this year, i know nowt about that type of footy lol, but what a night, the place was buzzing and then in the Mean Fiddler, fell out into the early hours, be nice if the giants can defend the title.

PS whats a shill?

7. Re: Superbowl 2013 - Yep I know its a long time away.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 00:18