We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

I need the help of a New York City veteran to help me organize my sight-seeing list for New York city in a logical order. I will be spending three full days there and plan to use all of my time very efficiently.

Below is a list of all of the places I will most definitely be seeing/visiting (no matter how brief), but I need someone to put them in order according to distances in between each place. For example, if I'm visiting wall street and want to see the NYSE, it wouldn't make sense to go to the Macy's Department, then go back to wall street to see Bank of America's headquarters...

So, I need someone who knows the city like the back of their hand to put these spots in logical order according to distance. I will be purchasing an unlimited 7-day subway pass, but still would like to save time by logically visiting these sights in order.

Also, if you could, please note out which places are better to visit at night time (On top of the rock, Times Square etc.)

I really appreciate anyone who would be willing to take the time out to help me with this, the trip is in about two days, so I'm under a bit of a time constraint for putting this list together.

If if makes more sense for you, feel free to separate the organized list into days (day 1, day 2, day 3).

The list:

Statue of Liberty

Wall Street

Rockefeller Center

NBC studios

JP Morgan Headquarters

Citibank Headquarters

Bank of America Headquarters

NYSE

New York University

Yankee Stadium

Columbia University

NY Public Library

Brooklyn Botanic Garden

Chrysler Building

Brooklyn Heights

World Trade Center

Museum of Modern Art or Metropolitan Museum

SoHo

Central Park

New York Times Building

China Town

Fifth Avenue

Times Square

Madison Square Garden

Broadway

Bronx Zoo

New York City - City Hall

Citigroup Center

Manhattan

Madison Square

Radio City

Columbus Circle

World Financial Center

United Nation Headquarters

Grand Central Terminal

Museum of Modern Art

ABC headquarters

Apple Store

Nasdaq

Time Warner Headquarters

Trump Tower

Goldman Sachs

Morgan Stanley

NYPD Headquarters

Brooklyn Bridge

Top of the Rock

5th Avenue shopping district

Macy's Department Store

Serpendipity

1. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2012, 14:06
Edited: 01 July 2012, 14:06
2. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2012, 04:36
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,055 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

maps.google.com

Seriously, you seem stressed that you don't yet have plans, but this is NOT the way to figure it out. Read some sample trip reports here, read the Top Questions, buy a guidebook. Discover what might REALLY interest you because there is no way you are going to be able to see everything you've ever heard of in NYC. If you tried, it would be a horrendous experience. You have to make some decisions.

If you are truly interested in "seeing" as many sites as possible in as short a time as possible, you may appreciate taking a bus tour. But rethink how important it is to drive by landmarks and buildings and say "yup, there it is" vs spending your time actually experiencing a few places (vs looking at them)

4. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

Agree with the others that it's unrealistic to expect strangers online to sit down for hours to work out your itinerary for you. If you don't have time to do it yourself, why would volunteers? Besides, you don't even mention how many days you will be there to fit all of these places in. Even for a full week it's unrealistic.

The best advice you've been given is to use Google Maps. Make yourself a Google account (if you don't already have one), then create a new map and add placemarks for all of the places above. Then YOU will be able to see which are close to each others and work out your own itinerary.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

YOu need to get a guidebook/map (or at least GOOGLE map the places and make an ATTEMPT to do this yourself.

I will say that, in my opinion, once you map these, you'll need to drop about half of them.

Edited: 27 June 2012, 14:07
7. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

I'm fascinated by your list of Corporate buildings. Are you making stops at the HQ of all the companies who have ruined our society ? This may be the strangest vacation list we have seen in a while. Please explain. And based on the timing of your request I sure hope you are not a financial planner

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

Skip all the corporate headquarters. The only lobby worth seeing is Chrsyler Building and I dont think they let tourists wander about (same with Woolworth Bldg downtown which IS worth seeing, but you cant)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,749 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: NYC Veterans - I need your help desperately

I gotta say, I am just laughing. I kind of thought the "list" would include a few places but when I saw it, I thought it had to be a joke of some kind.

I wouldn't even do this for myself - let alone a complete stranger.