We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet shops in Manhattan?

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
120 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Pet shops in Manhattan?

I'd like to take home...a souvenir for my puppy dog...is there any funny shop with plenty of toys,accessories,etc.?Thank you!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet shops in Manhattan?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k4719688…

England
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet shops in Manhattan?

We always visit American Kennels on Lexington, just a100yds or so, north, on opposite side to Bloomingdales.

Edited: 28 June 2012, 16:36
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet shops in Manhattan?

I would not shop at any pet store (like the American Kennels near Bloomingdale's) that sells dogs. They are almost certainly puppy mill puppies and I wish all of these shops would go out of business. OK, that's my rant...

The link from Whiz should answer your question. There are loads of pet stores in Manhattan! If you find yourself in Flatiron, you can see NYC dogs in action at the Madison Square Park dog run, then stroll down Broadway (from the Flatiron building), visit Trixie & Peanut on 20th Street (between Broadway & Park), and then stop into the Petco at the corner of 17th & Broadway. At this point you will be on Union Square, and there is a dog run there as well.

Hope you find fun souvenirs for your puppy! :)

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet shops in Manhattan?

Petco is a major chain that should have what you want and there are a few in NYC with the easiest to get to being Union Square (17th street)

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet shops in Manhattan?

There's a place on Lex in the 90s that used to be called puppies and babies. It has new owners and the name is French but it is the same place.

oxnard, ca
Level Contributor
173 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet shops in Manhattan?

We just bought an NYC treat for our pup at The New York Dog Shop on Columbus and 73rd. Small but great NYC goodies.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
923 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pet shops in Manhattan?

Independently owned Chelsea pet shop called Barking Zoo on 9th Avenue between 20th and 21st.

http://www.thebarkingzoo.com/

They have really creative stuff, sometimes handmade things--and they're diehard dog lovers.

8. Re: Pet shops in Manhattan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:47