We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars / Live Music / Clubs

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bars / Live Music / Clubs

Hi,

My fiancee and I are coming to New York for out first visit and was just wondering if anyone is able to recommend some nice cocktail bars? Also any good bars with live music?

We will also look to goto a club one night and were looking for some suggestions.

Thanks

dublin
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars / Live Music / Clubs

Hi,

230 Fifth (on 5th Ave) and the bar at the Ace Hotel are pretty cool.. A lot of hotels have great bars, as do restaurants (eg Tao, Spice Market etc)... Brass Monkeys is a good bar too. You could look into Marquee for a nightclub...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars / Live Music / Clubs

Red Lion is a good bar with live music but depends what music you like

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars / Live Music / Clubs

There are lots of bars out in Williamsburg that have music. Places like the Grand Victory, Trash Bar, Radegast Hall, Williamsburg Music Hall and the like. Here are two sites to help you with listings:

www.ohmyrockness.com

www.villagevoice.com

Unfortunately, I am more into a pub that serves good beer than one mixing up a good cocktail, I would defer to others on that. But the Campbell Apartment is a swanky place to visit for a drink our two: yelp.com/biz/the-campbell-apartment-new-york

Edited: 02 July 2012, 12:44
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
135 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars / Live Music / Clubs

We´re travelling to NY in September.

We love BB King but unfortunately we haven´t found a place where we can listen to live music such his. We love Eric Clapton, too.

I´d love to get information on blues clubs. Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!!

Andrea

Short Hills, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars / Live Music / Clubs

Andrea

My taste leans toward BB King's but definitely favors The City Winery. You should check it out sometime. It seems to me that they have equally great headline acts with less focus on Blues. It's a nice room to hear music. This note was unsolicited.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
135 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars / Live Music / Clubs

Thanks a lot, ArtyP!!

I´ll check it out.

Regards from Argentina

7. Re: Bars / Live Music / Clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2013, 10:17