We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

Hi all,

I'm looking for a street map on the internet that I can print that shows all of the traditional sightseeing places, I want to be able to visualise where everything is so I can plan my trip logistically.

I have had a look on google and am struggling to find one where I can print everything as it's just showing small sections. Does anyone know a good link where I can find something without having to buy one?

Thank you.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

"all of the traditional sightseeing places" are spaced out over the whole island of Manhattan, not to mention the other boroughs, so no one street map will be able to show you all of them with any great detail. One option is to save your own map on Google Maps and add everything you're interested in visiting to this map - you can then zoom in and out to the level of detail you need and also see what is near each other.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,820 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

Manhattan is so dense that you honestly don't want the 12.5 by 2.5 mile map. You want smaller maps of the neighborhoods you are actually in.

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2010/01/manhattan-ph…

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
925 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

I'm not sure how printable these are but the uptown/midtown/downtown attractions maps here might work for what you're doing.

frommers.com/destinations/…21_maps.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
299 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

When you arrive at the airport, they have free maps of the city. In Time Square there is also a tourist information centre with free tourist maps.

So you can just plan by looking on websites and once in the city, you'll get your beautiful maps. :-)

Hope it helps.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

Ok thank you, will be good to get a beautiful map when we're there! just need to find something for now for my planning :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

I've bought a DK Eyewitness guide and map now off amazon so all sorted!

7. Re: Printable map of New York to plan sight seeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2013, 10:15