We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
Save Topic
Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

Hello: Thanks to everyone here for their help on this trip. The Omni Berkshire offered the 2 of us an upgrade to a beautiful, 20th floor, corner, 2 room suite. This upgrade was just such a treat. It was a hot weekend in the city but the rooms provided some welcome relief as they were airy, bright and spacious. The Omni Berkshire has become my new favorite hotel in NYC. The location was fantastic for our midtown stay and the staff is just top notch. Stephanie and the manager on duty, along with the engineering team (to address the proper thermostat usage during this oppressively hot weekend) were professional and very welcoming. Staying here made our weekend special and it was a good choice for us. Kudos to the Omni. Highly recommended.

We got a cheese pizza, ziti and salad at John's right across the street from the Majestic one hour before curtain for Phantom's Saturday matinee and had plenty of time. We ate at the bar and felt lucky there were 2 empty bar seats just waiting for us. The line waiting for tables was quite long and we would have been out of luck if the bar seats were filled. Everything was delicious and John's pizza is one of the best in the city.

Phantom was fantastic. We had drinks at the Boathouse in C.P. and also at the Algonquin. Matilda the cat is back and the hotel lobby looked great. I didn't see a renovated room; I wonder what they look like? We also enjoyed some decent pasta at Becco. It was a very nice weekend and I look forward to another visit soon.

It only took 30 minutes for the yellow cab to drive from the Omni at 9:15 this morning to JFK. No traffic or other holdups reported.

Thanks again to all who helped me.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
583 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

A lovely break, sounds fun, thanks for your TR

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

We had a wonderful time even though it was very hot outside!

Level Contributor
36,944 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

It's so nice to find a hotel that you love, the Omni sounds like it was perfect your time in New York City! When we were in New York City we had a lovely lunch at The Boathouse before our row boat ride on the lake. Such a beautiful restaurant in a gorgeous setting. :)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

It was the perfect choice for this visit.

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

What if you weren't upgraded? How are the standard rooms?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

I've stayed at the Omni in a standard room in the past and the room was the same wonderful standard as the bedroom in the suite. The standard double bedded room was large and well appointed and identical to the bedroom in the suite. I like this hotel because they have rooms with 2 dbl beds, not always easy to find in NYC. It really has become a favorite for our midtown stays. I used to enjoy the Iroquois but had found it to be in need of some freshening and now prefer the Omni.

Has anyone stayed at the Algonquin since the completion of its recent refurbishment?

7. Re: Trip report: Brief! Omni was Fantastic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2013, 10:15