We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York City 2 apartments in one block

Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New York City 2 apartments in one block

Two families travelling to New York City in October and will require 2 apartments close by each other in Downtown Manhattan. Any suggestions?

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New York City 2 apartments in one block

Downtown - do you mean the financial district??

Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York City 2 apartments in one block

Somewhere Central, should I specify midtown? Near Times Square would be nice!

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New York City 2 apartments in one block

From the TOP QUESTIONS about NYC in the right hand column of this page:

Why are Vacation Apartment Rentals a Bad Idea in NYC?

TIMES Square is not central to anything!

Edited: 05 July 2012, 09:31
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York City 2 apartments in one block

There are apartment style hotels that may suit

What is your budget per night in US Dollars, exacty dates and number of beds required?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York City 2 apartments in one block

Pauline - apartment rentals in NYC are not recommended for several reasons. First, for the most part, apartment rentals under 30 days are illegal, and you would be subject to eviction - this has happened. Second, there are far to many scams out there, and these scammers are good at their craft. You can easily wind up with your money spent and no place to stay.

Check out a hotel or legit B&B instead.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York City 2 apartments in one block

Thanks for that. Think I will stick to hotels so!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New York City 2 apartments in one block

Pauline ... keep in mind that there are legit "apartment-style" hotels. I'm a fan of the Eastgate Tower. It is an Affinia affiliate. Almost all (but not all) of the affinia rooms have some sort of kitchenette and suites. I say "almost all" because I've stayed in a large suite at the Shelburne that had no kitchen but did have a mini-fridge. Check out http://www.affinia.com

There are apartment-style hotels that are often recommended here (but I have no personal experience with them). They are the Beacon, the Radio City Apartments, Milburne and there's others too ...

8. Re: New York City 2 apartments in one block

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:15