We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

activities near the new yorker hotel

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
activities near the new yorker hotel

Looking for suggestions for things to do near the new yorker hotel? Thanks so much

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: activities near the new yorker hotel

What do you have in mind?

What is the address of the hotel?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: activities near the new yorker hotel

The New Yorker is at 34th and 8th Avenue. There's a lot to see and do within walking range. As Poppa asks, what do you have in mind? What are you interested in seeing?

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: activities near the new yorker hotel

well if you like trains you are across the street from Penn Station where Amtrak is----- I am always amazed by these questions--- I just envision a whole bunch of tourists with teathers tied around them and connected to their hotels... the only activity you really need to know about to enjoy NYC is the closest subway station--- planning on staying around any hotel in the city is a big mistake. Especially the New Yorker which is in a very boring grungy part of the city.

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: activities near the new yorker hotel

we are interested in just sight seeing. Maybe getting a bite to eat. We will only be in the city for about 1 day total.

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: activities near the new yorker hotel

Thanks so much for the advice on that being in the grungy part of the city. I obviously don't know this since i am a tourist.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: activities near the new yorker hotel

I love Bryant Park, nice in the evenings as well, after a show ....

check out 5th Avenue, one of the tall buildings (with little time on your hands, may I suggest you opt for Top of the Rock?) The immediate surroundings of that building are nice enough to spend some time.

Visit Times Square in the evening and try to squeeze a show in

(you can get discounts at the TKTS booth on times square)

7. Re: activities near the new yorker hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 10:17