We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

tyler, texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

I need suggestions for the best broadway show to take our 8 year old daughter to... She is a mature 8 year old... Loves music and dance. I would also like for it to be a show that my husband and I would really enjoy as well. We will be visiting in early August. Where is our best bet to purchase tickets at the best price?

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

I would suggest Wicked or Lion King. Neither one is discounted so you just need to buy them from the official ticket seller. :o)

http://www.telecharge.com/

2. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 July 2012, 20:52
Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

How early in August?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,735 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

Newsies or Mary Poppins. Try looking on the left column of

broadwaybox.com

for discounted tickets.

tyler, texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

The 2nd through the 4th

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

does your daughter watch "so you think you can dance"? "Newsies" has several dancers that competed on this energetic musical. "peter and the starcatcher" might be appealing to your daughter also. It is based on the

Peter Pan story.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

Instead of or in addition to great expensive Broadway theatre, you might consider a very New York kids theatre company. (btw Peter is a prequel to Peter Pan)

https:/…nextperformance.asp

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

Honestly, my husband and I loved The Lion King as much as our daughter did. It's pretty amazing. We're going to see Nice Work if You Can Get It and Newsies this trip. We've seen Wicked on tour, but I would think that would work too.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

Who from SYTYCD is in Newsies? Fun!! We love it in our house and can't wait to see Newsies.

Texas
Level Contributor
259 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best show for 8 year old girl AND adults alike?

Wicked was wonderful. We saw the performance in mid-June with our twin teen daughters. I saw many pre-teens there, also, with their parents. Excellent production you will definitely enjoy.