We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
545 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

After 12 months of saying "I'm done with New York, I dont have to go back" I have booked a 6 day September jaunt for me and my mom!!

We've decided to take things easier than we normally do this time around and get to see all the things we always said we would do/see

I'm really looking forward to coming back, actually the only downside will be the fact I turn 40 during the trip :(

See you all soon

Matthew

Ps. I've just booked our tickets foer the 9/11 Memorial

Texas
Level Contributor
259 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

We visited NYC in June for a week, and we are ready to go again. Just too much to see and enjoy in 1 visit.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

Sounds good. Have you planned anything special for your birthday?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,062 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

Good for you enjoy.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

I always say we are going to take is easy next time and then next time comes and the city sweeps me off my feet and we are all off running again. Have fun and enjoy your birthday. I am pretty close to 40 myself and I hear it is very liberating.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
545 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

Well Mione, we are determined to take it easier to the point that we're not getting any Subway tickets so if we're going somewhere....we're walking there!!

I'm just looking for some really long, really relaxing days and hopefully I can carry on taking some good pictures too

For the (dread) 40th we don't have anything specifically planned, it's the day before we come home so I would assume that we will just go for a meal, probably bbq if my mom has any say in it lol

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,027 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

How would walking there be easier than a quick subway ride? (although I do enjoy the walk, you do see so much more) Enjoy your trip. I've been there twice now (having once said I never wanted to go at all!) And....I dreaded my 39th Bday more than the 40th one.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
545 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

Actually I agree with that I really struggled with hitting 39 and I have no idea why

Ok, ok so maybe I don;t mean easier but because we had the Subway tickets we did get awfully lazy (I know that's what they are there for) so I am really looking forward to going everywhere and seeing all those things I always say I would see but never did.....................it will be our 8th trip and we still have not pootled to the Lower East Side!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

You do know that you're in trouble, Lad.....I see the telltale signs of NYC addiction!

Don't worry though, there are quite a few of us on here that have formed a support group. You're welcome to join!

(Hello, my name is Rassi and I'm a NewYorkAholic) ;)

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

"I'm done with New York, I dont have to go back""

I would have skipped New York City and try another city to find out if there better cities than New York City. There are certainly are!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
319 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Well....I've been and gone and done it!!

Not in the US, there aren't. :)