We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convenient Pickup point by car?

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,697 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Convenient Pickup point by car?

I'm planning to stay Saturday-Monday nights in the West Village. On Tuesday, my wife will pick me up by car. She'll be coming from Boston and we'll be heading to Philadelphia. But she doesn't want to come into the city and deal with traffic and driving complexities.

So the question is what might be a good pick up point, ideally close to freeways/turnpikes. I was thinking Exchange Place might work on PATH, but I don't really know what conditions are like there. Otherwise, I thought of commuter rail stations like Secaucus Junction or Metropark. I'll have a suitcase and a rucksack. I'd also like to go to someplace with reasonably frequent train service, though I know that's true of many New York area commuter rail stations.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Convenient Pickup point by car?

Metropark will be perfect. Plenty of trains, and there's an exit from the Garden State Parkway right there.

2. Re: Convenient Pickup point by car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 05:16