We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day itinerary review please.

Owings, Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
3 day itinerary review please.

We are coming back to New York City this week, (Thursday through Saturday) here is our draft itinerary.

Thursday: arrive on the train at Penn Station, then head to the Empire State Building. We did the Top of the Rock last time. After that grab some New York style pizza. After Lunch we would like to go to the Children's Museum of Manhattan. After the Children's Museum we would like walk around Central Park for a little bit maybe have a picnic on the big lawn. After that head to Penn Station to grab the train back to our hotel.

Friday: arrive at Penn Station, we have tickets for Marry Poppins that night. During the day we are going to do The Central Park Zoo. After that we plan to do a half bus tour of the city. From there we will head to the theater district. If anybody has a recommendation for a kid friendly restaurant that would be great. After the show take the bus back to Penn Station. (I realize the subway is faster but we really want to see the city lights. On a side note is the NJ Transfer station safe at night.

Saturday: We plan arriving late into the city maybe 4ish. We have nothing planned except to wander for a few hours, we are open to suggestions. We plan to leave around 8:30-9ish. Thanks and we look forward to enjoying your great city. Rhonda

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

I haven't been on my trip yet (we are visiting in Oct) but I have read that Zabars have a nice picnic basket which might be suitable for your Central Park day.

zabars.com/catering-famous-picnics/…pg.html

Have a wonderful trip!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

I don't know what u mean by the new jersey transfer station. I also don't know how adventurous you and your family are with food but my 5yr old great niece and 7yr old g nephew requested a return trip to 34 W32nd St. For Korean barbecue (near penn) after TADA kids (they are on the young end but love it)

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

We stayed in New Jersey one time during Christmas because the rates were crazy in Manhattan. We never felt unsafe riding the train at night or at the train stop. The train was fairly crowded at night, sometimes with standing room only. :O)

Owings, Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

Thank you Angie NSW, Ztaks and Ksoldati . We are staying in New Jersey, last time we had to transfer from our train to a shuttle train into and out of Penn Station. We will look into Koreatown and Zabars

Edited: 23 July 2012, 13:27
Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

Also hopefully you will be taking the subway to the museum. It is a long walk and your child will be knocked out before he/she gets to the good stuff.

You may want to visit the Children's History Museum at the New York Historical Society (and their adult beer exhibit) which is just south of AMNH.

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2012/07/summer-2012-…

You will see more City lights and get back to Penn Station faster by walking than taking a bus.

I am still clueless about this shuttle train. Are you staying by Newark Airport?

Owings, Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

Thank you Ztaks, we are staying in Paramus.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

Didn't you stay in Paramus in the past? I should think you'd be familiar with the stations, etc. by now.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

Maybe you have to change trains to get to Paramus?

Owings, Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

Yes we did. We are familar with the stations but just not late at night

Edited: 23 July 2012, 16:05
10. Re: 3 day itinerary review please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2013, 10:16