We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some help....

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Need some help....

My son will be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this year. I wasn't planning on going but now have changed my mind! I've searched and found a couple hotels with the parade view. But would like to know of others. We will have a small child with us so probably wouldn't be ideal to wait at 6 am and then lose our spot because of a potty break lol

The one I found was the Marriott Marquis, which is doable. The Doubletree is definatly out of our price range. Would like to keep it $300-$400 isn't range

Any help appreciated!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some help....

The Marriott Marquis will have absolutely no view of the parade route, nor do any of the four Doubletrees in Manhattan. Are you sure you know what the route is? I mean, you know that it changed from last year, right?

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some help....

Nope! I have just started to research! So thanks for that info

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some help....

When I Googled this these were a couple of the hotels that came up. Have found nothing about it changing.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some help....

Parade view rooms will be in the high hundreds if not thousands of dollars and have probably been booked for months. Sorry.

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some help....

Oh well I tried! Thanks! No wonder I was able to find rooms at those hotels then.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need some help....

Even if the hotels are on the route most rooms will not have a view--- how much do you think you can see from the 25th floor-- just let the small child do what ever he does and clean up afterwards-- that is what diapers are for and thousands of small children watch the parade every year.

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need some help....

He is not in diapers. I just wanted the convenience of a hotel room in case it's raining, or cold. I'm sure he will need to find a potty before the parade and then we lose our spots. At least that's what ive read.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need some help....

Go to the bathroom before you leave where are you before the parade like any normal person would do.

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need some help....

Gee thanks for your helpful comment. Wouldn't have thought of that. But you know getting there at 6 am and waiting for three hours someone might have to go again.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,947 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need some help....

Honestly,parade view rooms are few and far between and will cost a fortune. You'd be better booking a breakfast at a restaurant with a parade view. i don't know what the new route is, but Bouchon Bakery had a view last year.