We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

I am trveling to Laguardia this Friday and need to meet my friends in Jersey City NJ. whats the best nexpensive way to do this?

Thanks

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

Take the M60 bus to the subway station connecting to the N line and then take the subway to 34th street and switch to the PATH train to Jersey city--- after that it depends on where in Jersey city you want to go

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

Thank you...Do you kow if their is a shuttle that might help me I am not the most mobile of travelers ...

Thank you again

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,769 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

If you're not mobile, book a car service.

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

There is an express bus service that has service between the airports - http://www.nycairporter.com/ It may take a while, but it will be door to door and much less expensive than a car service. It is only $24 from LGA or JFK to EWR. With limited mobility, this could be the most cost effective method.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

But then you'd still need to get from Newark airport to Jersey City. Another option is to take a taxi into Manhattan to a PATH stop and get on the PATH train. A taxi or car service from LGA is ~$35-40 and PATh is $2. There's more than 1 PATH station in Jersey City and not all locations in Jersey City are near a PATH train at all. Where in JC are you going?

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

"...whats the best nexpensive way to do this"

From La Guardia take the Q33 bus to the last stop and there is the New York City subway station Roosevelt Ave. Take the Manhattan bound E train to the last stop, World trade Center, WTF. Exit are the front of the E train make a right and will see exit sign on your left with stairs going up.

Take those stairs and walk down a liitle for the Path train on your left and take the Path going to Newark.

I do not know where you have to go in Jeresy City soi I cannot recommend which path stop is closer to you, but at the Exchange Place stop the first stop on Path, you can pick up the Light Rail that goes through Jersey City.

7. Re: Transportation from Laguardia to Jersey city NJ best way che

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 10:16