We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

So I am seeing Spiderman in Great Barrington, MA. When it comes to where the Uncle and Aunt live, my wife and I recognized the block as Fuller Place in Windsor Terrace. Came back home and googled it and sure enough, Spidey lives a short walk from my house. Heck, you gotta know that Uncle Tom was drinking at Farrell's.

Check it out: brownstoner.com/blog/…director-3

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

Maybe you can no go back wearing your "Brooklyn Man" crime fighting outfit and join up with Spiderman to fight crime?

Only after a few beers at Farrells .....

Honestly I did not get excited seeing the dinner and telephone booth in Goodfellas where Robert De Niro get the phone call that Joe Pesci was taken out and that was shoot a few blocks where I live. But that is me.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

Mel was just excited to be in God's country (great barrington) it is so beautiful there. He may not come back and he can change his name to Barrington Mel and won't even have to change his monogramed shirts

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

OUTRAGE. Spider-Man has ALWAYS grown up in Forest Hills. That's a "reboot" we don't need.

http://www.foresthillschamber.org/en/history/

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

Bill - we have been going up to Monterey for several years, and my wife actually went to camp on Lake Garfield. The Berkshires are indeed one of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen. Tyringham Road heading to Lee is a scenic byway that is always just a beautiful drive.

But, I do not think that there are enough evil doers in Monterey [population 900] to keep Spiderman busy. We do have quite a few spiders on the deck though.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

Pffft! One more reason NOT to see that movie!!

Like jhwanderer said, Peter Parker is from FOREST HILLS, QUEENS!!!

If you want to see the house they used in previous movies, one of them is on 69th Road.

movie-locations.com/movies/s/spiderman.html

In the original comic books, Aunt May lived on 80 Ingram Street in Forest Hills. That house always gets mail from kids writing to "Spiderman" and "Peter Parker." I did not read the link above, but I recall that a family named Parker actually lived in that house for a time and got a LOT of Spiderman mail!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

LOL...I always knew that as my younger son was named Peter by his brother who was 3 years and 9 months old when he was born. He wanted a sister and when he heard he had a brother he thought for a minute and said "Okay, if I have to have a brother then he is Spiderman and his name has to be Peter". So Spiderman has lived in Brooklyn for 32 1/2 years now. LOL:)

7. Re: Spiderman Lives in Brooklyn - Who Knew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 10:15