We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
485 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

I know its a bit of a how long is a piece of string type question but how long should we allow for a wander over, stopping to view of course.

Also what subways are the nearest each side? Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,450 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

The Bridge is something over a mile long. How long it takes you depends on how long you stop to take pictures and how fast or slow you walk, I would expect about an hour or so under normal conditions taking a few pictures.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,450 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k866178-…

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
485 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

Brill thanks!! Gotta lot of planning to do!!

NY, NY
Level Contributor
339 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

I believe there is still substantial ongoing work on the Brooklyn Bridge. It certainly appeared that way when I walked across the Manhattan Bridge this past weekend, with what looked like netting or other material covering large parts of the bridge. I could not get accurate information on the work currently being performed, but I gather that some portion of the walkway/bikepath is still narrowed due to work. I don't know how the view is affected. Perhaps someone who has crossed it recently can give you more details on how the view and experience of the crossing is affected.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,203 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

The walk can take a while, so many pedestrians on the bridge and yes there is substabtial work going on. I found falling over people stopping to take photos, and even people who had stopped to sit for a rest in the path, was a major issue.

NY, NY
Level Contributor
339 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

Thanks bowoppit. One option to consider is walking across the Manhattan or Williamsburg bridges for unimpeded views and less congestion. The Manhattan leaves you close to the end of the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn, if the end point matters. Not as iconic, but it depends on the experience you want.

vancouver, bc
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

Depends on how fast you walk, stop for pictures, etc. We did it in 25 minutes.

during the heat wave last week of June.

From Manhattan we took the 3 train into Brooklyn, had lunch at a pizza place, then walked Brooklyn Bridge back into Manhattan. The subway just off the bridge. (Manhattan side) You can't miss it

Have fun!

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

It's just about a mile long - maybe 10 or 15 minutes, depends on your pace.

9. Re: How long does it take roughly to walk over Brooklyn Bridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 10:17