We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi cost

Hi,

I'm planning our first trip to NY and considering staying in Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens since it's so much cheaper then hotels in Manhattan.

My question is how much would it cost to get from TimesSquare / Broadway / Met to this hotel by taxi? Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Queens
Queens
New York
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,055 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Montreal
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost

Probably easier/quicker/cheaper to take the subway

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost

That's for sure. But how safe is it?

I'm traveling with my son, who is 11. Not sure what NY subway looks like , especially if we return late, after watching a musical.

My idea was to get TO the Manhattan via subway and get BACK by taxi.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost

It's a lot safer than a taxi. Musicals don't let out late. The subway is crowded well into the small hours.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost

take the subway for sure --- it will be crowded well after you and your son go to bed and that hotel is walkable from Queensboro PLAZA station on the 7 or N_Q lines all of which are in Times Square

Edited: 24 July 2012, 21:05
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
775 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi cost

I just had my 11 year old out there and as far as safety. We road up past midnight and from some far out places and never had a safety concern. One intoxicated rider gave a political speech was the worst we ever encountered. Although we did get lost one day and when we went to get off when we realized we were on wrong train we were at the Harlem exit and the NYPD were down in the station and told us to get back on train this area wasn't good for tourists.

We subwayed and walked all over area and never seen anything at all unsafe I was very surprised by this but the tourist areas are very heavily policed and with good order as we felt safe everywhere with my older children far later into the night walking back to hotel from Times Square to the Lincoln Tunnel.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln Tunnel
Lincoln Tunnel
42 Reviews
New York City, NY
6. Re: Taxi cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 10:17