We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Dance Clubs/Bars

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
NYC Dance Clubs/Bars

My friends and I are looking for a dance club/bar in NYC. We are celebrating our 30th birthdays and plan to go out on a Saturday night in August. We want to dance to music we know - recent top hits, some old school 90s and some old school hip hop would be our choices. We don't want techno or a place that's all house music. We are not looking to dance with guys, just a fun night out with girlfriends and a bar with seating and bottle service. Thanks!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Dance Clubs/Bars

I always am brought back to the reality of how old I am when someone refers to the 90's as old school music,

You are aware I hope Lannie that in most bars in NYC there can be no dancing by law--- you need to focus on dance clubs and the "younger kids" can tell you where to go.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC Dance Clubs/Bars

might try the copacabana--its mainy salsa though, but it is a landmark place

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC Dance Clubs/Bars

The only people who go to the Copacabana these days are old men and people who got suckered into buying Groupons.

Dancing and drinking are normally mutually exclusive in NYC. Try Webster Hall.

Edited: 25 July 2012, 16:03
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC Dance Clubs/Bars

Please don't try Webster Hall - it is a 19 and over club full of teenagers.

If you're looking for a late 20s early 30s crowd to dance, the best places right now are rooftops like the Empire Hotel and Gansevoort (meatpacking or on Park Ave). Get there earlier in the night, say at 11pm - at midnight the lines are really long. You can also try the big clubs like Marque and Tenjune. Hotel Chantelle's basement would be fun. Also check out the Ace Hotel lobby, a great place to get drinks before going to dance at Liberty Hall downstairs.

Also, if you're not looking to dance with men... in NY four single women dancing will have to beat them off with a stick.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 00:29
5. Re: NYC Dance Clubs/Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2013, 10:15