We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel deals last week of August

new york, ny
Level Contributor
435 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
hotel deals last week of August

I'll be in NYC again the last week of August (Tuesday August 28-Friday August 31). Last week I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Long Island City, which was fine (I'll write a review when I get a chance). However, the price there is considerably higher for that last week in August. Anyone know of any good deals for my dates? My budget is under $200 ($150 would be even better).I'll be solo and want a room with a private bath in a location convenient to a subway. It does not have to be in midtown. Thanks for any input.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel deals last week of August

what rate are you getting for your dates?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel deals last week of August

Super 8 Brooklyn (ParkSlope) and the Vetiver in LIC. Haven't checked Hotwire or secret sales on quikbook. Have you?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,850 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel deals last week of August

Look at the Pod 39, they are just opening and have some great rates. Rooms are tiny, but have private bathrooms. It is close to Grand Central.

new york, ny
Level Contributor
435 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel deals last week of August

Thanks for your responses. If I use Hotwire, what categories should I check off to ensure good results? Any way of telling which hotels are being described?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
435 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel deals last week of August

LMV, the room at Country inn and Suites that I paid $102 for last week is now $200.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel deals last week of August

Not much cheaper, but Quikbook has St. Giles - The Court for $185 for one of its secret sales (Deluxe Midtown/Murray Hill).

The also have Pod39 for $105 (twin) or $125 (full)...both with private baths. Although I think that might be the regular introductory rate you can get from the hotel website...

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,850 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel deals last week of August

Yes I paid $125 for the Pod 39 in August from their site. Fully refundable so if any ridiculous bargains come up I can grab them. But I know there is no way I'll get a better deal.

For the location and free wifi it is a great deal.

For a single person the room might not feel as tiny.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel deals last week of August

I think the Empire state area and Times Square have the best 4* hotels n both Hotwire and Priceline.

Betterbidding.com

Has lists of hotels by area for both. You might check the win calendar on betterbidding to see what people have gotten for your dates.

9. Re: hotel deals last week of August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:16