We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York in March

Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New York in March

Hoping to travel to New York for a week from 15th-22nd of March 2013. Is thi a nice time o year to visit New York, i also hope to see the St Patricks day parade.

Mentioned in this post
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,053 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
322 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York in March

You will have a blast because there is so much to do and enjoy. Sadly, the weather can be awful in March. It usually rains a lot. It could snow. It could be windy. Ideally one would go to NY in May/June or the fall. But if all you have is March, than March will have to do, and there is so much to see indoors if the weather does not cooperate.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,226 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York in March

It could also be sunny and bright.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York in March

March may be the most variable month. It could be frigid and snowy. It could also be hot and sticky. Most likely, you'll get something in between.

If memory serves me right, the circus usually marches elephants across 34th Street around midnight on one day in March. Get there early for the best places to stand.

Also, in my opinion, there's really no "bad" time to visit NYC. Each season has its pluses and minuses, and you'll never be lacking something fun to do.

4. Re: New York in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:16