We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teen in New York City for Easter

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Teen in New York City for Easter

Highlights for 14 year old daughter.

We are staying in midtown, but wanted to do Soho Saturday morning. Highlights to hit? and favorite shopping? She loves clothes and wanted to show her something fun downtown. Not Prada prices. I have looked at previous posts, but wanted your favorites.

Also, is Balthazar worth taking her to or just explore some smaller cafes?

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teen in New York City for Easter

Don't know if you saw this one already. It's good:

"What my 15-yr-old daughter loved about NYC"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k387332-…

Try to make a stop at Ricky's Cosmetics. Fun! Click on Store Locations at top.

www.rickysnyc.com

Here's a cut-n-paste from cbcito:

"Bleecker Street has some cool places to see and shop. Cynthia Rowley is always fun, as are the quirky handbags at Lulu Guinness. There are also 3 Marc Jacobs boutiques including the lesser price "Marc" store, and his and hers Ralph Lauren boutiques. (Start at 8th ave and work your way towards 6th ave.)

"Also lower 5th avenue has great shopping for a teenager. I'd say start at 14th and work your way up to 23rd. There is a large Esprit store, Lucky Brand Denim, Anthropologie, Otto Tootsi Plohound (shoes) and the trendy/pricey Intermix. It also has the usual suspects...Banana Republic, Armani Exchange, Kenneth Cole etc. In that same area there is also a fairly large Diesel store and American Eagle in Union Square. (one block east of 5th ave.)

"Oh and can't forget Soho, the stores there run the gamut from Old Navy to Chanel. On that show "What Not To Wear", they took a teenager to the Anna Sui boutique on Greene St, and she was rather blown away at how unique & fun the store was. Basically it's from Houston To Canal Streets b/n Broadway and 6th. (Emphasis on West Broadway, Prince, Spring, Greene and Wooster streets)"

To find where things are in Soho, use this map:

http://www.artseensoho.com/map.html

Soho is not a huge area, so you can zig zag around without feeling like you're wasting time. Simply exploring the scene will be fun.