We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yankee Stadium Seat Question

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Yankee Stadium Seat Question

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you could tell me the best seats to get for under $60 at Yankee Stadium. I was looking at:

seathound.com/venue/…

to determine the best views. I know being low and as close to home plate is best but is there a big difference between say...Section 212 and 315 or 316? I was also wondering which section(s) have the covered seating? I've read the Loge is covered but can't seem to find which section that is. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yankee Stadium Seat Question

Here is the Yankee Stadium seating chart: …mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

The bleachers in the outfield are totally uncovered. The box seats in the lower level are uncovered. The seats more toward the rear of the first and second decks will be covered by the deck above. I do not worry about whether the seat is covered - I just take a hat and sunscreen.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yankee Stadium Seat Question

The right field side will be in the shade for most games, especially in Field and Main, because of the way the sun enters the stadium. The overhang starts at about row 12, but the left field side is almost always in the sun, regardless of row.

I always sit in covered seats. It's HOT in the summer and I burn too easily.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yankee Stadium Seat Question

Thanks BrooklynMel for the link. Parfaits that info is extremely helpful and my gf is quite pale and burns quite easily as well so if we can be in the shade even for half of the game that would be nice for her.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yankee Stadium Seat Question

id sit somewhere behind home plate--even in 300 section--- your still close to the homeplate action and get a great persective of te whole field--might even get a foul ball--and youll be out of the sun if you stay towards the 1st base line

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yankee Stadium Seat Question

Will be checking out the levels, walking up lots of stairs and down lots of ramps and doing twice around the warning track on Aug 12th - Will report back later.

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2012/07/damon-runyon…

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yankee Stadium Seat Question

Awesome. Sounds good!

7. Re: Yankee Stadium Seat Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 21:16