We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ave Q tix and UN Congress

sydney australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Ave Q tix and UN Congress

We'll be in New York from 7th Sep for 5 nights. I've now mostly recovered from the shock of having to pay $400 a night for very average accommodation for 3 adults - it seems true that this period is one of the most expensive of the year - and am looking at our itinerary.

I'd love to see Ave Q while we are in town. Will it be necessary to prebook for this show, or are we likely to get some discounted seats on arrival? We'd be pretty flexible with regard to the actual performance date.

Thanks.

We'll be staying at Eastgate Tower, which apparently is quite close to the UN. Should we anticipate any extraordinary issues with traffic, closures etc. in the area, given the Congress activity?

Thanks, all.

Mentioned in this post
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,581 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ave Q tix and UN Congress

I picked up discount tickets to Avenue Q via BroadwayBox.com a week or so out last time I was in town. If you're sure you want to go, I'd go ahead and pick some in advance.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ave Q tix and UN Congress

Avenue Q is usually in the TKTS booths at a discount (word to the wise, try the Brooklyn or South Street Seaport booths for shorter queues!). However if you want to save taking time out to go and get the tickets, broadwaybox is another good option for discounted tickets.

Mentioned in this post
South Street Seaport
South Street Seaport
803 Reviews
New York City, NY
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,825 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ave Q tix and UN Congress

I recently took some visiting family to see Ave Q (2nd time for me and it was just as good the 2nd time around) and got 3nd or 4rth row center seats purchasing 2 weeks ahead of time. Now, the theater only holds 499 people so most seats are pretty good, but it's great to sit that close. You might get similarly good seats at the TKTS booth but it's a gamble.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ave Q tix and UN Congress

OK, thanks everyone. I'll book ahead - we're travelling from Australia so am hoping we can collect the tickets prior to the performance, rather than having them posted. I'll check out broadwaybox.

5. Re: Ave Q tix and UN Congress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 23:15