We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from LGA to financial district

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
99 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
bus from LGA to financial district

Hello,

There is 4 of us arriving at LGA in a couple of weeks around noon and want to take the bus to our hotel, the Double Tree by Hilton, in the financial district. Can anyone tell me which bus we need to take and which stop to get out at?

Thanks in advance!

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from LGA to financial district

For four people it is better to split the cost of a yellow taxi cab (@$50plus toll and tip) the shuttle bus will be aboiut $10 -$15 each and will take lots of time picking up & dropping off other passangers (I've heard stories where the 45min trip took 2-3hrs on the shuttle bus).

Just go to the designated taxi stand (don't take rides from anyone else-be polite and just say "no thank you" and keep walking to the cab stand). The employees will put you in a yellow cab- have the cross streets (closest intersection) of your hotel memorized-so you can tell the cab stand employee and the taxi driver. This way you can say "The Doubletree hotel in the Financial District on Stone St. between Broad and Whitehall" (there are many Doubletrees in NYC).

On the way back to the airport I highly reccomend using a car service - they come directly to your hotel-so you don;t have to worry about getting a cab (when it is raining for example every one jumps in the cabs and they are difficult to get). Here is a list of the popular car services-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23339-Popular_…

You can get on line quotes but the cost is comparable to a cab & the hotel will call the one of your choice for you if you ask and give them your pick up and flight time. Leave 3 hrs before your flight time to be safe 1hr to the airport & 2hr leahway to check in and get through security & grab a bite.

Coming FROM the airport= a yellow cab is much better because even if you pay extra for "pick up" car service - the fact is that ONLY yellow cabs can pull up to the curb and wait at the airport- so you will have to wait for a car service to come and get you even if the driver stands there with a sign his car will be in a far away parking lot (or towed). Yellow cabs are ready at the stand as soon as you are, but being brought back to the airport car services are better because they will call you or your hotel when you they are at your hotel and they are allowed to drop you off right in front of your terminal.

I hope you all enjoy our city & Have fun

These are some e-z list that may help-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23092-Must_dos…

&

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23076-Cheap_Ea…

&

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23075-Best_NYC…

Cheers!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from LGA to financial district

MTI just stuck the landing. Great answer. I was just gonna say "take a cab."

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
99 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from LGA to financial district

Thank you SO much for all those useful tips, MTI. We are going to take a cab now. This helped a lot.

Have a great day

4. Re: bus from LGA to financial district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 02:16