We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York rangers tickets

Perth
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
New York rangers tickets

Wanting to see an Ice Hockey match (New York Rangers) when in New York in January2013.

See you can purchase tickets now from various sites where members sell off their tickets. Is it best to grab these tickets now even though you might pay extra or are regular tickets available closer to date? Any advice from a NY local would be greatly appreciated.

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York rangers tickets

Well, tough to say, depends on the game a little bit. But the Rangers are one of the best draws in town, they sell out, they also have a good team these days. And with the new MSG drawing in even more fans, it's a pretty tough ticket.

There will always be tickets available though from re-sellers. So if you are willing to pay over the odds, those tickets will still be available after the the general sale dates.

So personally, I'd wait till at least the tickets go on general sale. Although I wouldn't wait until you get to New York, or even close to the date. Get them in good time.

Lastly, there is unfortunately a chance that the NHL will be 'locked out' this coming season, IF that happens, hopefully it won't be for the whole season like last time. But keep an eye out on the hockey news, middle of September is when it'll be determined.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York rangers tickets

id be bit wary of resellers--- i do regular business with stubhub.com--they will get you the tickets BEFORE you leave perth,,and they guarnatee the tickets, ie if for any reason you cant get in they give you a local number to call,and theyll meet with with new better tickets--only happened to me once--But id wait tll the season starts,or at least the prognosis for a strike abates

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York rangers tickets

Stubhub IS a reseller.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York rangers tickets

Bi kidding. Should have said "most" resellers. Stubhub is an exception

Perth
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York rangers tickets

Thank you very much. I appreciate the info.

Hopefully will get to see a game - something you dont see here in Australia.

6. Re: New York rangers tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 13:17