We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose hotel for first time in New York family . . .

Xalapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose hotel for first time in New York family . . .

This is our first visit to New York, please help me choose hotel for a family of 4, we would like a room with king-sized bed and separate living room area with pull out sofa for my 2 kids.

I would like to visit all the tourist atractions and shopping malls that we can in 1 week, also i would like to know if it is necesary to rent a car or not ?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose hotel for first time in New York family . . .

Hey alex5213:-) You can best be helped here by providing dates along with budget-spread;-) Having said that, consider The Beacon Hotel on the UWS.. great family neighborhood, yet super close (many places even walkable) with subway practically at your doorstep! As far as a car, don't even think about it;-) Happy planning.. and EnjoY!

Xalapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose hotel for first time in New York family . . .

Hi, Litza, that kind of room is exactly what i looking for, i plan to go from oct-28 to nov-4, unfortunaly in the Beacon hotel is not available rooms for that dates and my budget is about 350 a day only for hotel room

3. Re: Help me choose hotel for first time in New York family . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 August 2012, 20:35
Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me choose hotel for first time in New York family . . .

Check www.affinia.com The group of Affinia hotels have apartment style accommodations like you are looking for.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,874 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me choose hotel for first time in New York family . . .

Hi Alex. You've received a couple of good recommendations to get you started with hotels.

Take a look at the Top Questions area to the right of the forum. It will be a good start for thinking about your trip.

You do not want a car in NYC. The city has lots of great places to shop, but they are not collected into "shopping malls"

6. Re: Help me choose hotel for first time in New York family . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:16