We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour recommendation?

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
tour recommendation?

In October I'd like to take a tour of NYC in one of those little buses with the big windows (NOT a van or a big bus). I'd like it to include the 9-11 memorial (including tickets for it), the Dakota where John Lennon lived and Strawberry Fields and as much overall NYC as possible. This is not my first visit to NYC. I do NOT want to use the Hop On Hop Off buses. Thanks you.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,063 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour recommendation?

You can check whether

Onboardtours.com

Is what you want.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour recommendation?

Hola.

We walk a lot and take the subways and public busses to get around, but we still like the commercial “Hop-on Hop-off” double decker busses and (even though we live here in NYC) once or twice a year buy a pass and “do” the City as paying tourists. We started doing this years ago due to one of our friends becoming a tour guide/narrator for one of the “Hop-on Hop-off” operators following his retirement as a teacher (a linguist). He died some years back, and fondly remember him “singing” (great voice) to the tourists and us atop the open air busses.

Even since then, we still enjoy the rides and we have done both operators; the biggest difference is not which operator you choose, rather it is the guide/narrator that you happen to get, and whether he/she is engaging or knowledgeable. There are times when we hop-off one bus and hop-on another (but same operator) so that we have a different guide/narrator.

We think that the rides are fun and a great venue in which to meet visitors from around the planet.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

3. Re: tour recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 01:17