We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

Hi-my family of 4 will be in NYC this weekend and we are looking for an affordable,clean restaurant that is not a chain.I have 2 children,well behaved 12 and 9...any recommendations would be great,thanks so much:)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,914 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

There are dozens if not hundreds. What area will you be in? What kind of food? Pizza? Italian? Burgers? Thai? Chinese? BBQ?

Central Village...
Level Contributor
17,928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

There are 20,000 restaurants in NYC - your budget - what type of food - any specific locatoon?

How about a deli - Sarge's on 3rd Avenue is one of our family favorites - complete menu from apps, sandwiches, dinners....

On 3rd Avenue b'twn 36th and 37th Streets.

And it is reasonably priced for NYC.

Poppa

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

Why do you not put spaces after commas and periods?

As we have no idea what affordable means to you in USD or what part of the city you will be in (there are five boroughs), it would be hard for us to suggest a restaurant - although certainly nobody here would suggest a "dirty" one.

4. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 August 2012, 02:35
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,914 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

On a handheld device, its easier to eliminate spaces.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,248 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

If people can insert spaces between words there's no reason they can't insert them after commas and between sentences as well.

Dallas Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

100 dollars.to the first person that can explain to me why it freakin matters?

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

It makes things easier to read. PM me for my PayPal account.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

Umm,wow all I ask for is a restaurant recommendation and I get assaulted NY the grammar police.....just sayin.FYI in the times square district!!!

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affordable restaurant(not a chain)

Please do not overreact. This sort of problem seems to happen in many TA City forums because of problems using a smart phone and I will not name the most culpable fruit. Please specify where, what type of food and what you think is reasonable to spend. If you have been lurking and visiting the NYC forum you would recognize the usual suspects. Give the forum the information and you will get help. Poppa did recommend a reasonable place.